From the website:
The World Bank Analyst Program is a new and unique opportunity for exceptionally talented young people with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems.
Through this structured three-year program, you will work in an intellectually challenging and culturally diverse environment within a specific practice, region, or corporate unit in the World Bank Group, which includes the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA). You will have the opportunity to contribute and grow your skills in areas ranging from analytics, research, data management, project management, communications, finance, management accounting, and information technology. In addition, the program offers various cohort activities aimed to broaden your exposure to the work of the World Bank Group and develop leadership skills.
Upon completion of the program, there may be opportunities for you to continue your career in the World Bank Group. Participants holding a Master’s degree who find the opportunity to continue their career at the WBG may also be eligible for advancement opportunities. Alternatively, you may leverage the experience you have gained to pursue further studies or other opportunities in international development.
In order to be competitive for this highly selective program, you need to demonstrate a commitment to development, analytical thinking, proven academic success, and leadership potential. We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Positions may be based in Washington, DC or in a regional office.
- Passion to contribute to the World Bank Group mission to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity
- 28 years of age and under as of September 14, 2015
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Candidates who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible if the degree will be awarded by September 2015
- Up to three years of work experience in one or more specialty areas (see Application and Selection Process )
- Analytical thinking, proven academic success, strong written and oral communication skills, and leadership potential
- Experience working or studying in developing countries is preferred
- Fluency in English is required, and fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian, is preferred
More details on the Application Process available on the World Bank Group website.
The deadline for submission of applications for the 2015 World Bank Group Analyst Program is March 5, 2015 (11:59pm ET – Washington DC time).