- Choi, Jieun; Dutz, Mark and Usman, Zainab. (2019) The Future of Work in Africa : Harnessing the Potential of Digital Technologies for All. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- Usman, Zainab and Amegroud, Tayeb. (2019) “Lessons from Power Sector Reforms : The Case of Morocco“. Policy Research working paper, no. WPS 8969. Washington D.C.: World Bank Group.
- Usman, Zainab (2018) “The ‘Resource Curse’ and Constraints to Reforming Nigeria’s Oil Sector“, in: Levan, Carl and Ukata, Patrick (eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Nigerian Politics. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Lee, Alan, David and Usman, Zainab (2018) “Taking Stock of the Political Economy of Power Sector Reforms in Developing Countries: a Literature Review“, Policy Research Working Paper, no. WPS 8518, Washington D.C.: World Bank Group
- Owen, Olly and Usman, Zainab (2015) “Briefing: Why Goodluck Jonathan Lost the Nigerian Presidential Election of 2015“, African Affairs, 114(456):455-471
Blogs & Opinion articles:
- “The Future of Work in Africa: Making productive investments for more and better jobs“, 25th July 2019, for World Bank Blogs
- “To Transform Africa’s Economies, African Companies Matter Too“, 7th June 2016, for The Conversation UK
- “In Nigeria, Newly Appointed Officials Signal Shift in Economic Policy“, 1st December 2015, for The Washington Post‘s Monkey Cage Blog
- “Buhari’s First 100 Days: Does the Nigerian President Mean Business?“, 4th September 2015, for CNN International
- “Africa’s Oil Shock“, 16th January 2015, for Aljazeera English
- “Obama’s Africa Summit: Too Little Too Late?“, 12th August 2014, for Aljazeera English
- “Boko Haram and the Competing Narratives“, 3rd July 2014, for Aljazeera English
- “Nigeria’s Economic Transition Reveals Deep Structural Distortions“, 1st May 2014, for African Arguments
- “Does Nigeria Really Need a Sovereign National Conference?“, 29 January 2014, for African Arguments