YOUNG WOMEN: LEARN TO LEAD!
ORGANISATION: WOMEN IN THE WORLD FOUNDATION
Sign Up For the July 29 Next Generation Leadership Program
July 29, 2013 ∙ Hyde Park, NY
Eligibility: Be smart, between 18 to 25 years of age with lots of passion to do great things.
On July 29, the Women in the World Foundation is holding its first Next Generation Leadership program in partnership with the Eleanor Roosevelt Leadership Center at Val-Kill. There will be exciting seminars, speeches by amazing women and valuable networking opportunities. The program will take place at The Henry A. Wallace Center at the FDR Presidential Library and Home.
There is no fee to attend. Travel and accommodation scholarships are available. A diverse group of participants will be selected by our advisory board.
Only 50 slots are available, so apply now!
Deadline: 15th May 2013
Application Details: Refer to the Women in the World Foundation website
THE YOUNG ASPIRANTS LEADERSHIP FELLOWSHIP 2013 (YALF)
ORGANISATION: YOUNG STARS FOUNDATION
“The Young Aspirants Leadership Fellowship (YALF) is designed to educate the youth on the importance of political power and equip young aspirants with practical skills to run for political office in Nigeria.”
- 2 Workshops scheduled for June and November 2013.
- Good Governance 10-days Learning Visit to a Developed Nation.
- A Reading & Research Taskforce.
- A Community Leadership Impact Exercise.
- Certificate of Participation.
Faculty and Facilitators:
- Prof Patrick Utomi – Founder of CVL / Politician
- Prof Dora Akunyili – Former NAFDAC DG / Season Administrator
- Hon Abike Dabire – Ace Broadcaster / Member National Assembly Nigeria
- Dr. Yunusa Tanko – Young Politician
- Sa’ida Sa’ad – Young Female Politician
- Kim Swann – Fundraising Specialist, Washington DC-USA
- Prof Larry Diamond – Stanford University, USA
- Arc Ezekiel Nya-Etok – Social Housing and Politician
- Hon Ntoyo Nkoyo – Member National Assembly Nigeria
- Mr. Shehu Sani – Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria
- Christine Ndungu – Young Politician, Kenya
- Nentawe Gomiyar – Young Politician Nigeria
Deadline: 30th April 2013
Application Details: Download application form from the Young Stars Foundation website. Complete and email application form with CV, passport photograph and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 30, 2013. Selected candidates to be announced on 10th May 2013.
Refer to Young Stars Foundation website for more details
FOR ENTREPRENUERS: HOW TO FUND A START-UP
ORGANISATION: Online MBA
The link below, leads to a video, sent by a team from OnlineMBA.com. The video looks into the initial phase of seed funding all the way to Initial Public Offer (IPO) or sale. Specifically, it explains the five funding phases for a start-up and how they correlate with a Venture Capitalist’s lifecycle.
Find the video on the Online MBA website.
One thought on “Scholarships, Funding & Development Opportunities No. 7”
It appears as though we both have a interest
for the same thing. Your blog and mine are very similar. Have you ever thought about writing a guest write-up for a similar blog?
It will certainly help gain exposure to your website (my website
receives a lot of visitors). If you’re interested, email me. Appreciate it